Sunday, February 9, 2014

Self Introduction: Deanna, 2015 PSU Student Teacher

Hello Everyone, my name is Deanna! I am currently a junior at Penn State where I have developed my passions for agricultural education and poultry science. I am active in many clubs on campus including the collegiate FFA program, Teach Ag Society, and the Poultry Science Club. In my free time I love to cook and bake. During the summer months you will either find me in the garden or at work, seriously, these are the only two places I reside!

 So why did I decide that I wanted to participate in this experience?  Well, being at Penn State has made me realize that I need to get outside of my comfort zone and see what the rest of the world has to offer. I have never been further east then Massachusetts, no further south then Atlanta Georgia, and no further west than Indiana, basically I have been nowhere!  This realization has lead me to embark on two international experiences this semester. One to South Korea, and one to Germany over spring break.

At this point I would like to note that I am terrified of leaving my comfort zone behind and seeing what the world has to offer. However, what better way to conquer my fears then by submerging myself into a different culture for 4 weeks! I know that I  will get come back from this adventure with a new perspective, and that is one of the many reasons I am ecstatic for this trip. In addition, I am excited to learn about the Ag Ed. program structures in another country, I am always amazed at how programs vary throughout the state of Pennsylvania, so I can not begin to imagine the differences across seas.

I truly believe that this is a once in a  life time chance that I could not let pass me by, I am excited to learn about the culture and see where this journey will take us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment