Monday, February 10, 2014

Self Introduction: Abby, Kennard Dale Agriscience Teacher


Ready. Set. Let's Go!

Hello everyone! My name is Abby. I am currently an Agriculture Teacher at Kennard-Dale High School, which is located in South Central Pennsylvania. I am in my third year of teaching agriculture, and I teach a variety of courses related to plants, animals and leadership. Some of my hobbies include traveling, photography, cooking and baking, working out, completing DIY projects around the house when I have time (I'm a sucker for Pinterest.) and spending time with family and friends. I also love to garden and participate in outdoor activities like kayaking, camping, and hiking.

I am so excited to have the opportunity to embark on this journey to South Korea with my new co-hort of agriculture teachers! This opportunity lends the perfect storm, a chance for me to combine two of my biggest passions, traveling and teaching/learning. I am most excited about having the ability to immerse myself in a different culture, learn about traditions, try new cuisine, see beautiful scenery and just take advantage of all that this study abroad trip has to offer. I believe the uniqueness of the trip that awaits has much to hold for all of us, a chance for us to share ideas and learn from each other, as well as a chance to become better teachers for our students, and definitely a chance to become more globally competent citizens. I can't wait to work with teachers and students in South Korea, as well as engage with our very own teachers and soon-to-be student teacher candidates. I am anxious to learn about the agricultural industry within the Republic of Korea. I am really looking forward to breaking down the barrier, becoming more aware, and engaging myself in something that will broaden my knowledge more than any other experience I have ever had.

With that being said, I have more to read and tons more to learn before I am prepared to go on this excursion! I am excited to meet you all in person, and excited to become that much better of a teacher just by having this once in a lifetime experience! Thanks to Dr. Barrick, Dr. Foster, Dr. Miller-Foster, and Dr. Thoron for making this possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment