Monday, March 10, 2014

Introduction: Jeremy, Agriscience Teacher Palatka High School

Hey Everyone!

My name is Jeremy and I am the FFA advisor at Palatka High School in Palatka, Florida. I am a first year teacher and this year has been quite eventful! I have learned so much and I am enjoying every second of it.

I am originally from Newberry, Florida just outside of Gainesville. I graduated from the University of Florida last spring and received a job shortly after. I was not raised in an agricultural background, so much of it is still new to me and I am learning daily!

When I was in tenth grade I was supposed to be put into Chemistry, but because of conflict with my schedule I was put into Agriculture Foundations. My parents and I were very upset about this, as we did not want me to be in Ag. (My stereotype for Ag is that everyone involved were "rednecks".) We begged the counselors to give me a schedule change, but they just would not budge. My Ag teacher asked me to just give her one week and that she could guarantee me that I would fall in love with the class, and sure enough, I did! I feel in love with Ag and enjoyed everything about it. That following summer my teacher invited me to go to the Florida FFA State Convention where I was introduced to FFA and it was very clear that I wanted to be an Ag teacher at the point. Now, here I am!

Aside from teaching and being involved with my program and other Ag industries in my county, I am very hardcore pro Equal Rights and I am a strong supporter of the Equal Rights Movement. I have been with my partner, Joshua, for almost two years now and it has been quite an amazing journey for the both of us!  Together we have a dog named Rocco who is crazy, yet amazing! In my spare time, I like to go to theme parks, travel, or go to the beach. We have season tickets to Disney, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, and Sea World so we go a lot! We love roller coasters, what can I say!?! I love the outdoors, wildlife, and hanging with friends!

I am very excited about traveling to South Korea! I cannot wait to experience their culture and try their food. I'm nervous, as it is my first time on a real international trip, aside from the Caribbean. I look forward to meeting all of you and learning about agriculture from you guys and from Korea. 

Talk to you all soon!

Jeremy



No comments:

Post a Comment