Friday, March 7, 2014

Self Introduction: Janae, 2015 PSU Student Teacher

Hey everybody!  My name is Janae and I am currently an Agriculture and Extension Education major at Penn State University.  I plan to student teach in the spring of 2015 and I could not be more excited!
I didn't always know that I wanted to be an Ag teacher.  In fact, until 11th grade I was set on majoring in Early Childhood Education at a university close to my hometown of Danville, PA.  However, after experience all that the Agscience Department and FFA had to offer, I made a  decision to change my whole plan for the future.  At the last minute, I applied to Penn State for Agriculture Education, was accepted, and haven't looked back since.

This trip to Korea had been and will continue to be a major blessing in my life.  I have never traveled outside of the country before so this study abroad experience is really stretching my comfort zone and I love it!  As a person who is stressed by change and loves to have a plan, I would have made 10,000 excuses not to go this to South Korea.  But instead, this traveling experience is challenging me to work through those qualities and embrace my "fear of the unknown" and use it to my advantage; I plan to read anything and everything I find on South Korea, begin to learn the language, experience the cuisine, and see what else I can dig up!

I cannot wait for summer to get here and to board that plane to South Korea.  Hopefully this trip is going to be full of adventure, learning, and filled with surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment