Sunday, June 29, 2014

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

We are finishing up day 15 here in South Korea. It is hard to believe that we have been here for such a short period of time, and yet we have experienced so much! We have two weeks to go, and I am looking forward to them.

Today we traveled to Suncheon, Korea via the KORAIL. This was my first time on a train, and I will say it met my expectations. It was a relatively smooth ride, longer than flying and shorter than driving.




For those of you reading this who don't know, I am a Florida girl! We have ant hills and gypsum stacks (the piles of earth that are removed in the process of mining for phosphate). To me, the mountains here are HUGE!!! I enjoy the change of scenery, though. As we were riding the fast train, we were able to see a lot of the Korean country side.



Of course, my camera was not up to the task of taking high-speed images, so this is the panorama picture I took. I feel it covers a good section of what we saw. In the valleys, rice paddies were prominent. We also saw a lot of greenhouses.


We recently learned that greenhouse production is common because it allows a larger variety of produce and crops to be grown through out the year. In the greenhouses I could see in, I noticed a lot of pepper and tomato plants.

I can officially check off "ride a train" from my bucket list. I have successfully road on/in a plane, train, and automobile!

No comments:

Post a Comment